Fri, 28 Dec|
Okhla Bird Sanctuary Metro Station
Walk at okhla bird sanctuary (1)
Okhla Bird Sanctuary is a bird sanctuary at the Okhla barrage over Yamuna River. Known as a haven for over 300 bird species, especially waterbirds, a walk among a forest and yamuna is a great experience. join https://www.facebook.com/groups/rovewalks/ to stay updated.
Time & Location
28-Dec-2018, 7:00 am – 11:00 am
Okhla Bird Sanctuary Metro Station, Sector Rd, Sector 94, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201313, India
About The Event
who doesn't love a walk along a river with lush greens and chirping of birds. With it said, we now bring our another walk along with natural trails of yamuna river, a much needed breathable pocket of fresh air away from the city.
A total of 302 species have confirmed records from Okhla bird sanctuary and the areas in its immediate vicinity. An additional 27 species have been listed by Harris (2001) as probable, but unconfirmed, occurrence. In January 2011, as a part of Asian Waterbird Census 2011, a leucistic coot, known for its unusual bright white plumage, was spotted with the flock of common coots, for the first time in India. The sanctuary hosts over 400 species year round and over 1 lakh migratory birds in winter months. It hosts 30% of the 1200 to 1300 bird species recorded in the Indian sub-continent.
- Source : Wikipedia
HOW TO REACH
we will all meet at okhla bird sanctuary metro station, those reaching by cars can park it at metro station. from metro station its around 15 minutes walk till bird sanctuary gate. we are planning to have lunch later on at al-nawaz which is two metro stations far away.
camera for personal use is free while professional camera is charged at 500 rs per entry. a basic DSLR is not counted in professional camera but as you might know the gate keepers are often clueless about what camera is what. they allow DSLR with basic kit lens but sometimes we have to argue with them. but if you are not planning to shoot a lot then dont carry camera.
Wear loose and covering clothing. There are thorny trees along the walk, and you do get stung often.
Carry backpacks instead of messenger bags, it’s just easier.
Carry enough water for a 45 mins walk one way.
Carry some munchies.
1. Rove Studios is not responsible for safety and security of the visitors.
2. Personal comments and usage of strong/abusive language/negative comments shall be discouraged and looked down upon. Strong action shall be taken.
3. Female members are requested to use their discretion which exchanging contact nos/email ids/addresses with fellow members.
4. We are not responsible for members’ behavior or interaction with fellow members during or after the event.
5. Sending unsolicited mails/sms/messages by male members to female members shall be looked down upon and appropriate action taken.
6. This is a social voluntary group. Hence any contributions - in kind or in cash (over n above the individual contribution) by any member(s), shall have no binding, legal or otherwise of any kind on the group or the Organizer, whatsoever.
7. Please appreciate that these do’s & don'ts are to filter out people that bring negative energy/have ulterior selfish motives/malaise intentions. We would like to maintain harmony, decorum & camaraderie within the group without sitting on judgment or doing moral policing.
8. Members are responsible for their own actions. The onus of responsibility lies with the individual and not upon the group or the Organizer.
9. Once you rsvp for an event, please keep track of its development till the day it’s implemented.
10. The Organizer is at liberty to withhold any information regarding the group, its members, or its activities. The Organizer is also not obliged to divulge any information regarding the group or its even