Sun, 08 Jul|
Jama Masjid and Chandni Chowk
A morning walk starting with morning walk in old delhi ending with view of old Delhi from minaret of the Jama Masjid. Later we join for delicious chaat in old chandni chowk.
Time & Location
08-Jul-2018, 8:00 am – 10:20 am
Jama Masjid, Meena Bazar, Meena Bazaar, Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
About The Event
Towering over Old Delhi, the magnificent façade of Jama Masjid stands as the reminder of Mughal architecture. Commissioned by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, the Masjid-i Jah?n-Num? (meaning Mosque commanding view of the world) was his final architectural opus. On the other hand, the popular name, Jama Masjid is derived from the word 'Jummah', referring to the congregational prayer observed by Muslims on Fridays. Built from red sandstone and white marble, the edifice dominates the skyline of the busy Chawri Bazar in central Delhi and is considered the largest mosque in India. Each year, on Eid, thousands of reverent Muslims throng the mosque to offer special Eid Namaz in the morning. The mosque is jointly maintained by the Delhi Wakf Board and the Jama Masjid committee under the directives from the Shahi Imam.
- Source : https://www.culturalindia.net/monuments/jama-masjid.html
HOW TO REACH
Starting point is at Jama Masjid metro station on violet line.
Carry backpacks instead of messenger bags, it’s just easier.
Carry enough water for a 45 mins walk one way.
Carry some munchies.
We request you to respect jama masjid's dress code.
DONT FORGET TO BRING CAMERAS
1. Rove Studios is not responsible for safety and security of the visitors.
2. Personal comments and usage of strong/abusive language/negative comments shall be discouraged and looked down upon. Strong action shall be taken.
3. Female members are requested to use their discretion which exchanging contact nos/email ids/addresses with fellow members.
4. We are not responsible for members’ behavior or interaction with fellow members during or after the event.
5. Sending unsolicited mails/sms/messages by male members to female members shall be looked down upon and appropriate action taken.
6. This is a social voluntary group. Hence any contributions - in kind or in cash (over n above the individual contribution) by any member(s), shall have no binding, legal or otherwise of any kind on the group or the Organizer, whatsoever.
7. Please appreciate that these do’s & don'ts are to filter out people that bring negative energy/have ulterior selfish motives/malaise intentions. We would like to maintain harmony, decorum & camaraderie within the group without sitting on judgment or doing moral policing.
8. Members are responsible for their own actions. The onus of responsibility lies with the individual and not upon the group or the Organizer.
9. Once you rsvp for an event, please keep track of its development till the day it’s implemented.
10. The Organizer is at liberty to withhold any information regarding the group, its members, or its activities. The Organizer is also not obliged to divulge any information regarding the group or its events. Sharing of voluntary information lies solely with the discretion of the organizer.
All events are operated on a ‘No profit - No loss/Contributory’ basis.
Disclaimer : Going to trips organized by Rove Studios, participant agrees to following undertaking.
Despite precautions, accidents and injuries can occur. I understand the activities I may undertake may be potentially dangerous and that I may be injured and/or lose or damage personal property or suffer financial loss as a result of use of the facilities, equipment or Trip participation. Therefore I ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATED TO THE ACTIVITIES including but not limited to:
• Death, injury or illness from accidents of any nature whatsoever, including but not limited to bodily injury or illness of any nature whether severe or not, temporary or permanent, that may occur as a result of participating in an activity or contact with physical surroundings, environment, equipment or other persons.
• Loss or injury as a result of a crime or criminal act by third parties, terrorism, war, civil unrest, riot, detention by a foreign government, arrest or other act of any government or authority.
• Theft or loss of personal property during the Trip or any Trip related travel.
• Loss or death