Sun, 25 Aug|
Jahaz mahal and jafar mahar photowalk
Take a tour down the memory lane, ending with last mughal qila.
Time & Location
25-Aug-2019, 7:00 am – 10:00 am
Jahaj Mahal, Talaab lane, Aam Bagh, Khandsa Colony, Mehrauli, New Delhi, Delhi 110030, India
About The Event
very year after the monsoons, this ravaged monument whose name means “ship palace” hosts music, dance and acting. It becomes the focal point of cultural activities marking Phoolwalon ki Sair, a festival in which floral tributes are paid to two premier Hindu and Muslim shrines in Mehrauli, a south Delhi region filled with monuments of almost every signifiant historical timeline.
Some historians say Jahaz Mahal, built during the Lodhi period (1452-1526), was a mosque. Some think it was the residence of a holy man. Others believe it to be a serai (inn) that took in visiting pilgrims.
Adjacent to Hauz-e-Shamsi, a water tank built by Sultan Iltumish, it could also have been a pleasure palace, a harem, or a summer refuge for the Delhi royalty.
In any case, Jahaz Mahal got its name because its reflection in the rippling waters of the tank looked like a moving ship.
Over the years the lake was reduced to a filthy pond and the mahal lost its reflection. It also lost its southern wall. Most of the blue ceramic tiles on the domed pavilion over the central gateway were lost. Yet there is beauty in this dilapidation. The chhatris show delicate carvings. The mihrab, or recess, on the western wall indicates a mosque. The arched chambers promise serenity.
And the southern wall’s collapse has its bright side: it has opened the courtyard’s view to a lively park.
Source : http://www.thedelhiwalla.com/2015/07/15/city-monument-jahaz-mahal-mehrauli-2/
Photo Credits : https://www.flickr.com/photos/mayankaustensoofi/19525635740
HOW TO REACH
we will all meet at chattarpur metro station on yellow line, those reaching by cars can park it at metro station. from metro station its around 15 minutes walk till mahal. we are planning to have breakfast later on at nearby sweet shops.
Wear loose and covering clothing. There are thorny trees along the walk, and you do get stung often.
Carry backpacks instead of messenger bags, it’s just easier.
Carry enough water for a 45 mins walk one way.
Carry some munchies.
1. Rove Studios is not responsible for safety and security of the visitors.
2. Personal comments and usage of strong/abusive language/negative comments shall be discouraged and looked down upon. Strong action shall be taken.
3. Female members are requested to use their discretion which exchanging contact nos/email ids/addresses with fellow members.
4. We are not responsible for members’ behavior or interaction with fellow members during or after the event.
5. Sending unsolicited mails/sms/messages by male members to female members shall be looked down upon and appropriate action taken.
6. This is a social voluntary group. Hence any contributions - in kind or in cash (over n above the individual contribution) by any member(s), shall have no binding, legal or otherwise of any kind on the group or the Organizer, whatsoever.
7. Please appreciate that these do’s & don'ts are to filter out people that bring negative energy/have ulterior selfish motives/malaise intentions. We would like to maintain harmony, decorum & camaraderie within the group without sitting on judgment or doing moral policing.
8. Members are responsible for their own actions. The onus of responsibility lies with the individual and not upon the group or the Organizer.
9. Once you rsvp for an event, please keep track of its development till the day it’s implemented.
10. The Organizer is at liberty to withhold any information regarding the group, its members, or its activities. The Organizer is also not obliged to divulge any information regarding the group or its events. Sharing of voluntary information lies solely with the discretion of the organizer.
All events are operated on a ‘No profit - No loss/Contributory’ basis.
Disclaimer : Going to trips organized by Rove Studios, participant agrees to following undertaking.
Despite precautions, accidents and injuries can occur. I understand the activities I may undertake may be potentially dangerous and that I may be injured and/or lose or damage personal property or suffer financial loss as a result of use of the facilities, equipment or Trip participation. Therefore I ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATED TO THE ACTIVITIES including but not limited to:
• Death, injury or illness from accidents of any nature whatsoever, including but not limited to bodily injury or illness of any nature whether severe or not, temporary or permanent, that may occur as a result of participating in an activity or contact with physical surroundings, environment, equipment or other persons.
• Loss or injury as a result of a crime or criminal act by third parties, terrorism, war, civil unrest, riot, detention by a foreign government, arrest or other act of any government or authority.
• Theft or loss of personal property during the Trip or any Trip related travel.
• Loss or death or injury as a result of any natural disaster or event or extreme weather conditions or events.
• Alteration including delay, extension or cancellation of the Trip due to natural disaster, civil unrest, war, terrorist attack, medical quarantine or any other disturbances or causes.
I further acknowledge that the above list is not inclusive of all possible risks associated with the Trip or facilities, equipment, or services in association with the Trip, and that the above list in no way limits the extent or reach of this release and covenant not to sue. I understand that participating in this Trip organized by Rove Studios is an acceptance of risk of injury.
REFUSAL OF SERVICE
The Services are offered subject to our acceptance of your order or requests. We reserve the right to refuse service to any order, person or entity, without the obligation to assign reason for doing so. We may at any time change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Site or Event.
Contact email@example.com for more details