Sun, 05 Aug|
Humayun Tomb Ticket Counter
Humayun's Tomb and Hazrat Nizzamuddin ki Dargah
The Humayun’s Tomb in Delhi is the first garden-tomb of the Indian Subcontinent. It was Mirak Mirza Ghiyas, a Persian architect from Afghanistan who designed this tomb. The tomb is located close to the Purana Qila or Old Fort in the Nizamuddin East area of Delhi. It was also the first large sandston
Time & Location
05-Aug-2018, 7:00 am – 11:00 am
Humayun Tomb Ticket Counter, Nizamuddin, Humayun's Tomb, Nizamuddin East, Nizamuddin, Nizamuddin East, New Delhi, Delhi 110013, India
About The Event
Humayun’s Tomb is one of the eminent structures of the Mughal Dynasty that is regarded as the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent. It is made by using red sandstone and is surrounded by magnificent Charbagh garden. It is located close to the JLN Stadium Metro station in Nizamuddin East, Delhi.
Built in 1565, after nine years of Humayun’s death, the Humayun’s tomb site maintains several other graves, monuments and mosques. In the year 1993 the tomb was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. One can see a perfect blending of Rajasthani and Islamic features in the architecture of the tomb. The Char Bagh Garden is one of the major attractions inside the complex. The garden is divided into four squares by paved walkways and beautifully designed water channels.
The other monuments that attracts tourists are the tomb and mosque of Isa Khan, Bu Halima's Tomb and Garden, Afsarwala Tomb and mosque, Arab Sarai, Nila Gumbad, Chillah Nizamuddin Aulia and Barber's Tomb.
- Source : https://www.goibibo.com/destinations/delhi/places-to-visit-in-delhi/humayuns-tomb-6131603100526275686/
Cover image credits : wikipedia
HOW TO REACH
Nearest metro station is jungpura, one has to take a rickshaw from there towards the entry gate. After the photowalk at humayun's tomb we will walk towards hazrat nizzamuddin ki dargah for biryani!
Carry backpacks instead of messenger bags, it’s just easier.
Carry enough water for a 45 mins walk one way.
Carry some munchies.
DRESS AS PER CUSTOMS OF DARGAH.
DONT FORGET TO BRING CAMERAS
1. Rove Studios is not responsible for safety and security of the visitors.
2. Personal comments and usage of strong/abusive language/negative comments shall be discouraged and looked down upon. Strong action shall be taken.
3. Female members are requested to use their discretion which exchanging contact nos/email ids/addresses with fellow members.
4. We are not responsible for members’ behavior or interaction with fellow members during or after the event.
5. Sending unsolicited mails/sms/messages by male members to female members shall be looked down upon and appropriate action taken.
6. This is a social voluntary group. Hence any contributions - in kind or in cash (over n above the individual contribution) by any member(s), shall have no binding, legal or otherwise of any kind on the group or the Organizer, whatsoever.
7. Please appreciate that these do’s & don'ts are to filter out people that bring negative energy/have ulterior selfish motives/malaise intentions. We would like to maintain harmony, decorum & camaraderie within the group without sitting on judgment or doing moral policing.
8. Members are responsible for their own actions. The onus of responsibility lies with the individual and not upon the group or the Organizer.
9. Once you rsvp for an event, please keep track of its development till the day it’s implemented.
10. The Organizer is at liberty to withhold any information regarding the group, its members, or its activities. The Organizer is also not obliged to divulge any informatio